(845) 562-9020

Domestic Violence


Experienced Domestic and Family Violence Representation

If you believe that you and/or your children are in danger from a member of the family, an ex-spouse, or romantic partner, or a friend or neighbor, you can seek help with an order of protection. An experienced family law attorney can help you file this order and represent you at hearings. We can also help you enforce an existing order if the accused violates it.

Silver & Lesser, P.C., provides family law representation in the Orange County area. Because we also practice criminal law, we understand all aspects of domestic violence cases. You can rely on our experience during a difficult time. To schedule a consultation with one of our Orange County domestic violence attorneys, please call 845-562-9020.

Orders of Protection

If a family member commits domestic violence, you can file family offense petition in family court or file a criminal complaint. If domestic violence in between unrelated people such a boyfriend and girlfriend or neighbors, you can file for a restraining order in your local criminal court or in family court.

We can help you file temporary orders or protection/restraining orders and represent you at hearings to determine whether the order becomes permanent. Protective orders range from order to refrain from harassment to a stay-away order of protection requiring the harasser to stay 1,000 feet away from you and your children.

If you have been falsely accused of domestic violence, you will need representation to protect your rights and your relationship with your family. Our attorneys have experience defending people against false allegation and protecting their parental rights.